Senior Game Designer (Boss/Enemies)
- Take ownership of AI gameplay systems, features,and behaviors, from initial designs to final implementation.
- Pitch, create and maintain designs and game conceptsfor NPC combatants.
- Run sanity check on AI gameplay ideas with relevant stakeholders to get an overview for dependencies, restrictions and possibilities.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Be a game design knowledge source for other members of the development team.
- Empower, challenge and motivate yourself and everybody on the design team.
- Participate in testing to iterate, balance and tune AI gameplay features.
- Mentor Game Designers to help them to improve their craft.
- 4+ years as a Game Designer working on NPC combatants in the video games industry.
- 2 or more shipped AAA titles on PC or Console, preferable FPS games.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Excellent knowledge of how to build AI systems, preferably in FPS games.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deep passion for gaming, preferably FPS sandbox games.
- A team motivator and catalyst for pushing quality.
- Technically minded and scripting experience with Behavior Trees, State Machines and other AI models.
- Experience in working with AI-controlled player characters (bots)
- Understanding of Hunt: Showdown’s AI cast and their role in the core gameplay loop
- Experience in working with macros in MS Office.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.