Senior Audio Designer
- Concepting, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining game audio using CryEngine 5.X audio pipeline.
- Recording, editing and post-processing linear media such as audio libraries, trailers and development diaries.
- Composing and producing music for linear and adaptive media.
- Recording, editing and post-processing of dialog and localization.
- Performing quality assurance duties such as debugging and optimization.
- Collaborate with CryEngine Developemnt Team to improve the audio pipeline and procedures,
- Creating technical documentation and tutorials using CryWiki and CryEngine Forum.
- Performing duties as Audio Module Owner and oversee the audio component of one feature or area.
- Provide input to department and project status meetings, stand-ups and scrums.
- Gather and share knowledge with the audio team and inject new ideas and procedures.
- Successful completion of a certified audio education program or academic studies.
- 4+ years of audio experience in the gaming industry, actively designing and implementing game audio.
- At least two previously published titles and at least one in a Regular role.
- Strong creative vision regarding audio and the use of it in a none linear medium.
- Excellent knowledge of PC-based pro audio software, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, Reaper and VST PlugIns.
- Excellent knowledge of audio middleware software such as Wwise, FMOD Studio or CRIWARE.
- Advanced knowledge of CryEngine or other Game Engines such as Unity, Unreal or Lumberyard.
- Advanced knowledge to accurately plan and estimate tasks while understanding dependencies.
- Strong ability to take direction well, point out production bottlenecks and solve problems proactively.
- Strong ability to give feedback and guide Intern, Junior & Regular Audio Designers.
- Strong ability to document pipelines, tools and procedures, share knowledge and give presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a role model attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
- Strong Passion for playing and creating video games.
- Advanced knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python, C# or C++
- Advanced knowledge of CryEngine tools and production pipeline.
- Advanced experience in other realms of Audio Production or Composition.
- Excellent skill playing an instrument.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.