- Design. You will take an active role in the development the game’s narrative design, in close collaboration with the game team. This will include concepting, implementing, and iterating.
- Write. Your main writing focus will be on world building, ie franchise continuity and reference material. You will be responsible for maintaining a world lore wiki (history, science, etc) and communicating across departments to ensure the cohesion and continuity of the game world. In-game, your writing focus would be environmental, requiring the ability to switch between styles, tones, and genres as required.
- Collaborate. Cross-departmental communication will be key to this role, requiring adept communication skills, a spot-on sense of tone and creative vision, adaptability, an understanding of the relationship between gameplay and story, and ability to give and take clear and constructive feedback.
- 3+ years experience in a Narrative Design position
- At least 1 professionally shipped titles
- Noteable writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills (American English)
- Outstanding communication skills (English)
- Team player, skilled at cross-departmental communication
- Knowledge surrounding video games and storytelling
- Proactive, organized
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and to iterate on your work
- Experience with CRYENGINE, or another game engine
- Scripting knowledge Python and/or C++)
- Familiarity with Excel, JIRA, Word, Teams
- Familiarity with localization pipelines
- What you can expect of us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.