Lead UI Programmer
- Oversee the development, tests, and optimization of the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms, using CRYENGINE and other technologies;
- Take part in the feature designs and breakdowns;
- Help with the management of the other UI programmers;
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code;
- Ensure the documentation of source code, and write test cases when necessary;
- Write technical and software design documents;
- Work very closely with UI Artists, UX Designers, and other Engineers.
- 6+ years of professional experience as UI Programmer, preferably in the games industry;
- 1+ year as team Lead;
- Excellent understanding of C++;
- Worked on a UI oriented project;
- Experience with Agile development;
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills;
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features;
- Some knowledge of 3D math;
- Experience with any game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE;
- Team player and self-driven;
- Willing to learn;
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency;
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience;
- Experience with consoles;
- STL Experience.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.