Lead UI Designer
- Lead, manage and mentor the UI team on a day to day basis to ensure a high quality, pixel perfect designs.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- Ability to work pro-actively with other department leads.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and planning as part of effective communication with the team.
- Creation of New UI screens using our Design System and Figma.
- Development and implementation of UI elements, layouts into the game with the logic through our own tools.
- Visualization of ideas using Figma, creating wireframes, prototypes, visual mock-ups.
- Take initiative and willing to expand own horizon.
- 5+ years’ experience in a UI Designer capacity for PC/Console games is a must.
- Must have shipped at least two AAA titles as a UI Designer, and at least one of them as a Lead UI Designer.
- Creative talent, creative courage and a very good analytical sense for user guidance.
- Excellent knowledge in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud products including, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Strong visualization and presentation skills.
- Basic programming skills to setup logic in our visual scripting language.
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills. Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- BFA in Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science or similar
- Additional programming language experience (good knowledge of Flash / Action Script is a strong plus).
- Familiarity with Scaleform and/or Flash is a plus.
- Version-control systems (Perforce, SVN, CVS, VSS) familiarity.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.