Senior VFX Artist
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game;
- Provide and accept direction;
- Creation of real-time particle systems in CRYENGINE including textures and materials;
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results;
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, level designers and programmers;
- Implementation and optimization of shader-based effects;
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team;
- Work together with our Research and Development department to improve workflows.
- 5+ years’ experience in game development;
- Last and/or current gen console experience;
- Expert understanding of current game FX processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max / Maya or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer;
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines;
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback;
- The ability to manage and supervise mid-level and junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks;
- Good English communication and writing skills;
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude;
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision;
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistently high quality standard.
- Real-time particle FX including a technical breakdown
- Strong technical skills (textures / materials / baking / scripting / shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes / colors / proportions / timing / lighting and movement)
- Keen eye for details and realism
- Ability to write HLSL;
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Experience with procedural content creation;
- Experience with EmberGen.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.