Senior Character Concept Art Supervisor - External Development
- Supervise and provide clear technical and aesthetic feedback to external teams;
- Work with Art Director and other artists to ensure high quality and vision of external deliverables;
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game;
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails;
- Track external development on daily basis and incoming assets;
- Coordinate with other studio groups and production to achieve project objectives;
- Creating in-game Characters when needed, following art direction;
- Work together with stakeholder to define and determine outsourcing needs.
- 5+ years experience in game development as a Character Concept Artist;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D Software Packages and Photoshop;
- Strong focus on Character designs and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy;
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art;
- Strong knowledge of understanding of anatomy;
- The ability to manage and supervise mid-level and junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks;
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback;
- Good English communication and writing skills;
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude;
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision.
- Heavy focus on Character Art
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
- Previous experience with external production and/or directing others through written communication;
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Traditional Art background.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.