Principal Environment Artist
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high quality art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications;
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine and platform;
- Take direction in style and technique to match your work to the style of the project;
- Mentor other artists and help them keep the vision set by the Art Director;
- Articulate your process to others clearly and use critical feedback to help drive the project's artistic vision to new heights;
- Estimate your tasks with a high degree of accuracy and break down the steps to completion.
- Last and/or current gen console experience;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to create believable, realistic environments in a real-time engine;
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer / Painter and Zbrush;
- Solid fundamental understanding of artistic principles;
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software;
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Shipped a AAA game as a Senior or Principal Artist.
- Experience working with the CRYENGINE.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.