Lead Technical Artist
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Drive the development of the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Along with the Technical Director & Producer conduct regular appraisal, review and objective setting for the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Ensure good communication & coordination between your department and other disciplines involved in the development process;
- Steer the recruitment process by conducting interviews and helping to drive the selection of staff with the team;
- Give constructive feedback to your team members and their work to achieve the best possible results;
- Help team members to grow and improve and generally care for a healthy team environment;
- Prepare tasks & monitor the overall schedule for the technical art – tools/pipeline team in conjunction with Technical Artists, Producers and other Project Managers;
- Collaborate with discipline leads to evaluate and develop production processes that fits the team’s requirements and be able to coordinate and communicate to the Technical Art Team;
- Define and enforce good working practices and structure for the given project, based on scope and resources.;
- Keep up with the latest technology trends;
- Prepare and coordinate tasks with other Technical Artists.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software or games;
- At least 1 AAA title shipped as a Lead Technical Artist;
- Knowledgeable in using Python, C/C++, C#, MEL/Maxscript and common DCC tools such as Houdini, Maya, Max, and Blender;
- Management and project planning experience;
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to give constructive, precise and clear feedback in all processes of asset creation, while not losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good motivational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Able to manage, plan and organize time;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines at all levels;
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks;
- Team leadership qualities and a team player.
- Recruitment/interviewing experience;
- Worked in first-person shooter titles;
- Experience working with the CRYENGINE or any In-House/Proprietary Game Engine.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.