Lead Hard Surface Artist
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Hard-Surface Art Tea;
- Along with the Art Director & Project Manager conduct regular appraisal, review and objective setting for the Hard-Surface Art Team;
- Ensure good communication & coordination between your department and other disciplines involved in the development process;
- Steer the recruitment process by: Conducting interviews, drive the selection of staff with the team;
- Give constructive feedback to your team members and their work to achieve the best possible results;
- Help team members to grow and improve and generally care for a healthy team environment;
- Support External Development Team on their effort´s to meet the project goals;
- Prepare task & monitor the overall schedule for the art team in conjunction with Artists, Art Project Managers, Producers and other Project Managers;
- Create high quality Hard-Surface Assets besides the daily routines;
- Define and enforce good working practices and structure for the given project, based on scope and resources;
- Ensure good art asset standards are set and achieved across the team;
- Maintain the art vision and style set out by the Art Director.
- Extensive game-development experience;
- At least 1 AAA title shipped as a Lead Artist.
- Management and project planning experience;
- Recruitment/interviewing experience;
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to create believable, realistic Hard-Surface Assets (Props, Vehicles, Weapons) in a real-time engine;
- Strong ability to give constructive, precise and clear feedback in all processes of asset creation, while not losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good motivational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Able to manage, plan and organize time;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines at all levels;
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks;
- Team leadership qualities and a team player.
- Experience working with the CRYENGINE;
- Experience in content outsourcing.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.