Lead Environment Artist
- Lead the day-to-day management of the art team;
- Along with the Art Director, regular appraisal, review and objective setting for the art team;
- Ensure good communication & coordination between the art team and other disciplines of the bigger team;
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff for the team;
- Liaise with external service providers if required;
- Prepare task schedules for the art team in conjunction with Artists, Art Project Managers, Producers and other Project Managers;
- Monitor and update schedules for the art team in conjunction with Artists, Art Project Managers, Producers and other Project Managers;
- Define and enforce industry leading working practices and structure for the given project, based on scope and resources;
- Ensure good art asset standards are set and achieved across the team;
- Be a quality gate. Help their team to succeed and push their quality to the next level;
- Foster the strengths of the team;
- Maintain and enforce the art vision and style set out by the Art Director;
- Can break down problems in an analytical manner and is able to present information concisely. This includes long-term strategic planning together with other stakeholders.
- Extensive games experience; broad level of interdisciplinary knowledge;
- At least 1 AAA title shipped as a Lead Artist;
- Management and project planning experience;
- Recruitment/interviewing experience;
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team:
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to create believable, realistic environments in a real-time engine;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good motivational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Able to manage, plan and organize time; highly reliable task prioritization and estimations;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines at all levels;
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks;
- Team leadership qualities and a team player.
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Experience with procedural content creation;
- Experience with photogrammetry;
- Outsourcing experience;
- Passion for first-person shooter game.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.