Lead Concept Artist
- Lead the Concept Art team on a large franchise
- Work closely with the Concept Art Team and other stakeholders to create industry leading character concepts
- Keep a healthy and positive working environment
- Creating a unique and consistent style for a complete games world
- Communicate visual ideas across teams and departments
- Mentor and help team members to grow and excel within their roles
- Maintain the high quality bar expected from Crytek products
- Keep a good relationship and information flow between connected departments
- Ensure that all aspects of art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard
- Define work processes together with the Art and Project Managers
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Worked on and shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Evidence of being a leader or role model, within their trade, at a team level and with the necessary management skills to run a team on a day-to-day basis
- Strong focus on Character designs and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy.
- Ability to create high quality concepts for environments, weapons and props
- Ability to create concept drawings based on written or verbal notes from the responsible superior / director
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.