Junior Lighting Artist
- Working with Level Designers, Artists and Programmers to create real time and baked lighting moods and effects for static, dynamic and animated environments, cinematics, characters, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Creation of skyboxes and other geometry based lighting assets (sun shafts, glows, flares, etc).
- Collaboration with other Lighting Artists on the team to ensure consistent quality across the game.
- Population of light entities and cubemaps in game using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Good art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting, etc).
- Ability to work with multiple disciplines to meet project’s specific needs.
- Must have the ability to execute ideas within a schedule.
- Ability to understand custom tool-sets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Experience with CRYENGINE and Sandbox Editor.
- Strong understanding of real-time and pre-baked lighting systems.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game lighting effects.
- Experience with real world lighting situations, including natural light and artificial “studio” type lighting, and/or photography.
- Experience with cinematic post-processing work (e.g. compositing, color correction).
- Proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, 3ds Max/Maya, etc.
- Professional experience lighting for next-gen games on PC and console hardware.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.