Character Concept Artist - External Development
- Collect and provide clear technical and aesthetic feedback to external teams.
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game.
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Track external development on daily basis and incoming assets.
- Coordinate with other studio groups and production to achieve project objectives.
- Creating in-game Characters when needed, following art direction.
- 2+ years experience in game development
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Excellent knowledge of 3D Software Packages and Photoshop
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Strong knowledge of understanding of anatomy.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, complete tasks within given time constraint.
- Heavy focus on Character Art
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- Strong artistic skills (Shapes / colors / proportions)
- Ability to create new and refine existing designs
- Previous experience with external production and/or directing others through written communication.
- Experience with CRYENGINE
- Industrial design or Traditional Art background
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team
- Flexible work time
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities
- Relocation support
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.