- Develop, maintain, optimize and test the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms.
- Research and develop new systems as well as maintain and optimize existing systems inside the CryENGINE.
- Work to meet the project’s schedule while breaking the process into manageable tasks.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Document source code.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Continue to enhance programming, technological and communication skills.
- Work very closely with UI Artists and UX Designers
- Demonstrate ownership and responsibility.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of Flash Professional and ActionScript (2 and/or 3).
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Some knowledge of 3D math.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- STL experience.
- Experience with consoles.
- Experience in the game industry.
- Experience in UX Design.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with ActiveX and .NET.
- Experience with ribbon UI.
- Experience using and writing plug-ins for DCC applications (3ds, Maya, XSI, Photoshop, etc…).
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.