- Own parts of the workflow and certain pipeline tools - this includes design, implementation, extension, documentation, communication, identifying weaknesses, making improvements, etc.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the tools.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Develop well designed software in cooperation with leads within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally on a multiplatform project.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Excellent communication and writing English skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Experience using and writing plug-ins for DCC applications (e.g. Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder, XSI, Blender, Sketch Up, Z-Brush, Photoshop, etc…).
- Strong understanding of Asset data processing pipelines, Algorithms, Workflow and performance impacts
- Fluent in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience writing tools using other languages like for example C#, .NET, Python, Mel or MaxScript.
- Strong 3D math background.
- Passionate about making games.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.