Technical Lead C++ (Mobile) for AAA Game Engine
- Establish a dedicated mobile team to work on CRYENGINE for mobile with a strong focus on high-end devices.
- In collaboration with Game and Engine Technical Directors define and ensure execution of the CRYENGINE for mobile.
- Gather requirements together with the product team and set goals for the Mobile team.
- Lead the design and architecture of the code development and coordinate its implementation.
- Research the latest development in the Android frameworks to guarantee a successful engine integration and improvements.
- Plan development in coordination with development manager and the project management team.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision making process.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code and document it thoroughly.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations and set a standard for your team.
- Look for opportunities to present your team’s results in- and outside the company.
- Assist, mentor and train team members as needed.
- 7+ years of professional experience in C++
- Experience leading and coordinating development
- Experience on mobile development for Android
- Understanding of App Store (i.e. Google Play) procedures and workings
- Experience on game engines
- Experience on Android NDK and SDK
- Experience on profiling and performance optimizations
- Experience on Java
- Experience on mobile development for iOS
- Experience on graphics APIs (Vulkan, Metal, DirectX12)
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.