System and Storage Administrator
- Take full ownership of the existing Linux, VM, Backup and SAN environment. This will be primarily focused on the core environment in our head office, followed by supporting our satellite studios to varying degrees.
- Ownership of the management of the core Linux, VM, Backup and SAN environment. Ensuring optimum performance, capacity planning and near perfect uptime and availability.
- Monitoring and responding accordingly across devices in your responsibility.
- Fully document and maintain documentation to the highest standards in all areas that come under your responsibility. Share knowledge as appropriate in an accurate fashion and in a suitable time frame.
- Monitor and maintain all logs and respond proactively to any issues.
- Maintain patch levels and security updates while minimizing disruption.
- Manage backups to the highest standards, recording failures and rectifying issues. You will need to proactively be involved in new developments, working with your colleagues to ensure new environments are backed up.
- Perform regular test restores to ensure the validity of the backup - by integrity and time-frame.
- Plan work to be implemented clearly and in suitable time-frames, showing consideration for the environment and the projects who may be affected. Scheduling with the same considerations.
- Work with our development teams as required to provide secure solutions to our evolving development requirements.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar role;
- The high level of responsibility for key areas of our infrastructure requires a candidate of suitable proven knowledge and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Redhat (variety of ports), Debian, VMWare, Backup Exec and SAN is absolutely essential.
- You must be keen to adapt to the requirements of the environment which changes fast and frequently.
- You should be able to work well alone, proactively evolving the systems within your responsibility to ensure optimal service at all times.
- You should also work well and communicate well with the IT teams, both in Frankfurt and across our satellite studios.
- Experience supporting a Perforce infrastructure on a Linux host in a similar sized company would be very desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server environments and services, as well as knowledge of MySQL, Apache and standard Linux services.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.