Senior Rendering Engineer - Raytracing Specialist
- Develop and maintain CRYENGINE’s cutting edge raytracing pipeline.
- Focus on the unique aspects of raytracing in the real-time context and develop effective hybrid solutions between raytracing and rasterization.
- Conduct CPU and GPU performance and memory profiling and develop optimizations.
- Research and implement next-generation rendering features.
- Investigate, propose and implement generic data-flows and structuring suitable for minimum redundancy in the hybrid pipeline.
- Maintain and extend the utility and usability of the raytracing pipeline layer.
- Deal with the different abstractions of API-supported raytracing on a variety of current and future platforms.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering Engineer.
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Thorough experience with aspects of raytracing (acceleration structures, computational complexity, approximations, sampling and filtering theory).
- Secure utilization of math in the areas of mathematical analysis, linear algebra and computational geometry.
- Familiarity with bi-directional distribution functions and their grounding in physical reality.
- Efficient use of multi-threaded programming patterns.
- In-depth understanding of the graphics pipeline and rendering APIs.
- Profound experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan.
- Solid shader programming skills (GLSL/HLSL).
- Strong GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills (RenderDoc/PiX/Nsight).
- Team player and self-motivated.
- Desire to learn, share and contribute.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with consoles.
- Deep understanding of the architecture and hardware pipelines of recent GPUs.
- Effective utilization of SIMD instruction-sets, and other vector-parallel designs.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.