Senior AI Programmer
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to make believable characters.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with standard AI technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, pathfinding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning etc.)
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with AI development for game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.