Senior AI Programmer
- Work with existing engine code base to architect and enhance AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for high profile projects.
- Create immersive and compelling combat experiences.
- Optimize and debug high-end Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Actively participate in a team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Work as a role model in terms of communication, quality and team spirit, mentor/inspire junior members.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as Programmer in the games industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Worked on shipped products on either console or PC.
- In depth knowledge/experience with practical Game AI techniques in context of games/real-time applications.
- Strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- Experience with current Console and PC development processes.
- Experience with game development tools and methods.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.