- Maintain and extend the existing physics framework and tools.
- Evaluate and integrate alternative third-party solutions such as PhysX.
- Work closely with designers, artists and programmers to improve the physics system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design and develop new features and integrate them with existing physics, animation and AI systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, optimize and document your implementations.
- 3+ years of programming experience in game physics development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced programming skills in C++.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good 3D math skills.
- Expertise in rigid-body dynamics, collision response, and simulations as applied in game development.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to investigate and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Willingness to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Game development experience, including having shipped a PC or console title.
- Familiarity with third-party physics engines such as PhysX.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Xbox One and PS4 programming experience.
- Experience with profiling, low level optimizations and fixing stability issues
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.