Online Operations Engineer
- Daily operation and maintenance of a hosted/cloud data-center environment;
- Installation, configuration and patching of system and game software;
- Daily monitoring, management, and reporting tasks, as well as contributing to 99.9% application and system up-time;
- Work closely with R&D to install, configure and operate developed features, as appropriate;
- Ensure appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and game logic, and environment;
- Assist with process, policy development and documentation;
- Operate and maintain a dynamic, highly available environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Operations Engineer or similar;
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery;
- Experience with network security;
- Experience with automated deployment;
- Experience managing all aspects of high-traffic servers, including scaling, profiling, debugging, and stress testing;
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. REST API, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching);
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience in setting-up monitoring for online applications (PHP, Node.js, Java, .NET), and creating metrics and alerts in order to act proactively;
- Skilled with Ansible;
- Skilled with Shell, Python or Perl scripting;
- Skilled in network troubleshooting;
- Experience managing hardware firewalls and load balancers;
- Experience with most popular open-source technologies;
- Great English communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt.
- Messaging systems
- Shell/Python Scripting
- Cloud computing
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.