Lead Server Programmer
- Lead the server programming discipline and enable them to reach their full potential.
- Develop and support reliable and high performance online services, help integrate them into company’s products.
- Coordinate tasks and technical implementation with the Technical Director and other programming Leads based on the current roadmap.
- Be a role model for Regular/Senior programmers and oversee the mentoring process inside the discipline.
- Proactively drive your team and improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Create accurate task duration estimate and completes all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Display excellent communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Debug and optimize latest console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Shipped at least 1 online game on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Direct responsibility for performance and functionality of certain server modules.
- Excellent programming skills in either C++ or C#, working experience with both.
- Debugging/optimization skills.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Experience with network programming.
- Self-direction and motivation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative programming environment.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Passion for making great games.
- Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Solid English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main,Germany.
- Experience with Actor Model, CSP or other concurrent programming model. // - e.g.: C# tasks, go routines, Erlang.
- Python language skills.
- Relational database programming experience (SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL).
- Experience developing secure online services.
- Has used UML or some similar modelling approach in the past.
- Experience providing mentorship to other programmers.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with making multiplayer games.
- Unix/Linux systems programming experience.
- Experience with multiplatform development.
- Experience in the game industry.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.