Lead Rendering Engineer
- Lead development of CRYENGINE's cutting-edge rendering system.
- Guide R&D efforts towards next-generation rendering technology.
- Shape the CRYENGINE roadmap together with the Technical Director.
- Perform CPU and GPU performance profiling and propose optimizations on various platforms.
- Work with game teams to achieve visually stunning game experiences.
- Guide and mentor fellow rendering engineers.
- Play a key role in the recruiting process for the rendering team.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Rendering/Graphics Engineer, preferably in the gaming industry.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a leading position.
- Hands on experience shipping multiple titles.
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills.
- Excellent GPU and CPU debugging and optimization skills.
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines and rendering techniques.
- Deep experience with one or more graphics/compute APIs (DirectX, Vulkan, GNM, etc.).
- Strong passion for video game technology and graphics in particular.
- Experience with game engines, preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with multiple platforms (PC, Android, Xbox, Playstation, etc.).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.