Lead AI Programmer
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools.
- Work closely with animators, artists, designers and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Gather requirements and set goals for the AI team, lead the design and architecture of the code development and coordinate its implementation.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI, physics and animation systems.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to create believable characters and environments.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Delegate effectively while involving team members in the decision making process.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations and set a standard for your team.
- Look for opportunities to present your team’s results in- and outside the company.
- Assist, mentor and train team members as needed.
- 7+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Previously held a senior AI programmer or equivalent position.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Excellent understanding of AI architecture and standard technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning, crowd behavior etc.).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with AI development for game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
- Experience with procedural content generation.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.