- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Investigate how to create believable characters and environments.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- 3+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading,
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization.
- Experience with standard AI technology (such as finite state machines, behavior trees, path finding, etc.).
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Experience with AI development for games or game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.