Technical Writer (CRYENGINE)
- Writing new and update existing technical documentation that is related to CRYENGINE.
- Ensuring that all written documentation produced is of a high professional standard in terms of technical accuracy, attention to detail, English usage and presentation.
- Safeguarding all company assets including source code, art work, tools, game design information and technical knowhow.
- Undertaking any additional tasks expected of a Technical Writer.
- At least 2 years of professional technical writing or related experience, for e.g. programming, business correspondence, journalism or other writing role.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to gather information via different means (one-on-one communication, workshops, video demonstrations etc.) and distill it into written form.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation that can be understood by an international audience of varying experience – from brand new CRYENGINE users to seasoned professionals – whose first language may not be English.
- Ability to work and stay organized in a chaotic, unstructured work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in leading team meetings, presentations, and the ability to clearly articulate and express ideas/opinions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to work alone using own initiative.
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word.
- An interest in game development and technology.
- Willing to relocate to the Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or other for e.g. English, Journalism etc. (providing a strong interest/ability can be shown for Computing/Technology).
- Experience in working with Confluence, Wiki’s or other web-based documentation systems.
- Experience in using CRYENGINE or any other leading Game Engine(s).
- Experience in using image editing tools such as Photoshop, Snagit etc.
- Experience in using third party DCC tools such as Maya, 3ds Max etc.
- Experience in using JIRA, Perforce, GitHub etc.
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Basic knowledge of modern programming/scripting languages for e.g. C++, C#, Python etc.
- Games industry experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.