Technical Community Specialist – CRYENGINE
- Walk users through the process of installing and operating the CRYENGINE
- Help users troubleshoot issues they encounter and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the CRYENGINE Sandbox, knowing the ins and outs of the technology and its game creation pipeline.
- Continuously strive to improve the user experience and overall quality of the CRYENGINE ecosystem.
- Act as the point of contact between our community support and the development team.
- Facilitate software feedback to support key objectives, such as troubleshooting and ongoing development of new engine features and improvements.
- Maximize the use of CRYENGINE by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions on all our support channels.
- Prepare reference for users by writing instructions.
- Collaborating with the CRYENGINE operations & development team to report key observations and trends in the community.
- Provide regular reports to your lead.
- Additional tasks in content creation and quality assurance are subject to workload, but creativity, passion and drive for your own CRYENGINE projects is a big plus!
- 1+ years of professional experience either in community management or technical support.
- You are passionate and have a good understanding of game development and its pipeline and tools.
- Experience with helpdesks or customer ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, Freshdesk, Jira).
- Working knowledge of PC hardware options and functionality preferred.
- Supportive attitude – there are no stupid questions.
- Very good communicator (both written and verbal) in English. (Additional languages are a plus)
- Good writing and editorial skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Team player with great attention to detail.
- Willing to learn. Able to teach.
- Solid skills in one or more game development discipline (programming in C++/C#, technical/level design, 3D Art, etc.).
- Understanding and interest in web development
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of 3D software, game engines or other gaming related software is a huge plus.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free games - whenever we launch a new title.
- Opportunities to grow and learn in friendly atmosphere.
- Upon relocation: Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Company language is English.
- Upon relocation: Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Free drinks and fresh fruit in the office + huge library with resources for learning game development and other best practices and skills relevant in the industry.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.