- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Take ownership of assigned features from concept to ship product.
- Iterate on system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas across the whole project
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered
- Contribute tool and workflow improvement ideas
- Work closely with QA to debug systems
- 2+ years of professional work experience in the game industry, with experience in a System Design capacity.
- Solid technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Experience using visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Working knowledge of game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Previous experience in creating design documentation.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Programming experience.
- C++ knowledge.
- Previous work with Behavior Trees.
- Multiplayer design and balancing experience.
- Experience in creating core mechanics for player and AI systems.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.