Senior Qualitative UX Researcher for CRYENGINE
- Develop UX research strategies and framework — help in establishing a consistent information flow and enforce knowledge exchange
- Expert Users Interviews — You are expected to have a deep understanding of cognitive biases and empathetic interviewing skills, having structured knowledge on how to generate solid heuristic question flows and manage answers, both with internal and external user pools. You will work with both remote and on-site interviews
- Usability Testing (Monitored) — You are expected to have a neat knowledge on how to plan, design and execute research relating task-driven User Interviews, gathering value data on users's performance and experience issues via specific usability rates, further on being able to analyse and showcase results and interpretations, and to evaluate the impact of your work.
- User Journey Mapping — Building and assessing UI Panels Flow.
- User Mental Models — Building and assessing User Practices & Preferences.
- A/B Testing — New features decision-making via Parallel Usability Testing.
- Active collaboration growing CryEngine's UXR Repository.
- Collaborate on Re-Ops & Recruitment — You'll not be alone in this, no worries!
- Collaborate on Focus Groups Monitoring.
- 4+ years of experience in mixed methods research, behavioral-quantitative, ethnographic and qualitative research, and measurement of usability metrics
- You have experience with game engines or similar technology and understand the complexity that comes with their development
- Masters Degree in Design, UX/UI, Cognitive Ergonomics, Psychology, Social Sciences, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction or similar degree preferred (or equivalent demonstrable work experience)
- Familiarity with game engines or similar technology (e.g. 3D, simulation software ), you understand that the software we are working on is complex
- Experience with Desktop Apps and Tool Usability Assessment is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written English skills
- You are willing to relocate in Frankfurt to work with the team
- You have developed a grown-up taste for great design and the dexterity for straightforward software interaction evaluation.
- You have grown deep social skills, showcasing your ability to work within a team cooperating with other professional profiles: you work flexibly, collaboratively, transparently, orderly and empathetically
- You are able to observe, listen and understand different kinds of personalities, needs, subtle situations and interaction issues
- You are experienced in several industry fields (Games, EdTech, Gamification, Service Design, FinTech...) and have worked on a diversity of projects
- Autonomy: you are well able to manage your schedule and workloads
- You are a Helper: you always try to facilitate a happy environment, you are aware of what your colleagues are doing, and their problems in order to help them get things done
- You are a Serious Solver: you are methodical and want projects to develop correctly and effectively, you double-check what you do, and try others to validate collective work
- A good sense of curiosity is a plus!
- What You Can Expect From Us
- Flexible work times
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7
- Free gym membership
- Relocation support and extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities
- A company apartment for your first few months
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.