Senior Narrative Designer
- As a Narrative Designer you will:
- Write. This includes: character creation, world building, short fiction, dialogue, environment prop texts, mission flows and side quests, weapon names, UI elements, and anything else you have ever seen in a video game that involves words. You will need a solid understanding of multiple writing styles, compelling skill with dialogue, and the ability to switch between styles, tones, and genres as required.
- Prototype (and iterate). You will take an active role in the development of all narrative aspects – both on the writing side and technical side – of a new project, in close collaboration with a team.
- Implement (and iterate). Together with the team, you will build a world from the ground up, set up and maintain narrative systems, create and maintain world-bible documents and general in-world consistency, own dialogue creation and implementation, including voice over direction, quality control, and implementation. In short: creation, implementation, and maintenance of all in-game narrative elements.
- 5+ years experience in a Narrative Design position
- At least 2 professionally shipped titles
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills (American English)
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player – narrative and gameplay will be developed hand in hand, and cross-department collaboration and communication are a must
- A passion for storytelling in all forms, with an emphasis on knowledge of storytelling in video games
- Proactive, organized
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and to iterate on your work
- Experience with CRYENGINE, or another game engine
- Scripting knowledge a big plus (Python and/or C++)
- Familiarity with Excel, JIRA, Word, Teams
- Familiarity with localization pipelines a plus
- Application details:
- In your cover letter, please highlight the professional experiences that make you a good fit for the position.
- Additionally, please provide three writing samples, (ideally) combined into a PDF. These samples should showcase your ability to write across genres and styles and should not exceed ten pages. Due to the large volume of applications, we will not review anything longer. If your portfolio pieces are on your website, please provide a link to the specific three pieces you would like to highlight.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a Narrative Design test.
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.