Junior Technical Designer
- Design and implement complex Player and or AI systems using visual scripting.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems, using CRYENGINE.
- Iterate on system functionality based on feedback.
- Contribute creative design ideas across the whole project.
- Balance and adjust systems to create fun game play.
- Be a technical knowledge source for other members of the development team.
- Contribute tool and workflow improvements.
- Work closely with QA to debug systems.
- 1+ years of experience in technical design preferably within the game industry.
- Experience using visual scripting languages such as Schematyc, Blueprints etc.
- Solid technical skill set and experience with scripting.
- Good working knowledge with game engines, preferably CRYENGINE.
- Good knowledge of the principles of game design and theory.
- Good documentation ability.
- Proactive self-learner who can operate autonomously when requested
- Fluent English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparency.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Strong math skills.
- Experience in creating player and AI systems.
- Experience working with a mod team.
- Programming ability.
- C++ knowledge.
- Previous work with Behavior Trees.
- Multiplayer design and balancing experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.