Junior Narrative Designer
- Write. As a proficient, “story-minded” game writer you will contribute to: character creation, world building, short fiction, dialogue, lore-related video scripts, environment prop texts, weapon names, UI elements, and anything else you have ever seen in a video game that involves words.
- Make it happen. You will take a hands on role in the implementation of game narrative, and the maintenance of those systems, including taking ownership of the narrative localization pipeline.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proofreading skill and experience (American English grammar)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback, and to iterate on your work
- Interest in and passion for video game narrative, interactive storytelling, and transmedial entertainment
- Knowledge of global languages, translation, and localization pipelines (or willingness to learn)
- General knowledge of CRYENGINE or another game engine (and a willingness to learn)
- General scripting knowledge (Python and/or C++) a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, JIRA, Word, Teams
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.