Game Designer - Weapons
- Take ownership of weapons from pitch to finish.
- Collaborate closely with design, art and animation teams to implement and refine weapons in CryEngine.
- Create and maintain design and balancing documents.
- Test the game regularly to iterate on weapons.
- AAA development background with at least 1 shipped title.
- Proven experience designing weapons for a shooter game.
- Strong understanding of weapon mechanics and what makes gunplay tick.
- Hands on experience with game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Deep passion for shooter games.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Technically-minded and scripting experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.