- Take ownership of game features, from initial designs to final implementation.
- Run sanity check on game feature ideas with relevant stakeholders to get an overview for dependencies, restrictions and possibilities.
- Create and maintain designs and game concepts.
- Work with other departments to ensure all required resources are scheduled and delivered.
- Participate in testing to iterate, balance and tune gameplay features.
- 2+ years as a Game Designer in the video games industry.
- 1 or more shipped AAA titles on PC or Console, preferably a FPS.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of game design theory.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to create high level design documentation and game concepts.
- Deep passion for gaming, preferably FPS sandbox games.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Technically-minded and scripting experience.
- Experience in working with macros in MS Office.
- Experience with any game engine (preferably CRYENGINE).
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.