Cinematic Lighting Artist
- 3+ years of professional experience lighting for next-gen game engines.
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware.
- Strong understanding of real-time and pre-baked lighting systems.
- Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game lighting effects.
- Experience with real world lighting situations, including natural light and artificial “studio” type lighting, and/or photography.
- Experience with cinematic post-processing work (e.g. compositing, color correction).
- Proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, 3ds Max/Maya, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of composition, colour, lighting.
- Solid understanding of basic theory of light propagation and light-material interaction.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Ability to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Have an organized approach to problem solving and time-management.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Work with Cinematic Artists to create real time and baked lighting moods and effects for static, dynamic and animated environments, cinematics, characters, etc. within the platforms limitations.
- Balancing and maintaining consistent light levels across a variety of physically based materials and surfaces.
- Finding, discussing and fixing material inconsistencies that might affect shading quality.
- Collaborate with other Lighting Artists and Level Designers on the game teams to ensure consistent quality across the game.
- Population of light entities and cubemaps in cinematic scenes using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Create dramatic, unique, and interesting day/night setups using the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor and tools.
- Solve technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance.
- A working knowledge of CRYENGINE or similar products.
- Cinematography knowledge.
- Enjoy playing games.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.