- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining game audio using CryEngine 5.X audio pipeline.
- Recording, editing and post-processing linear media such as audio libraries, trailers and development diaries.
- Assists in Composing and producing music for linear and adaptive media.
- Assists in Recording, editing and post-processing of dialog and localization.
- Performing quality assurance duties such as debugging and optimization.
- Collaborate with CryEngine Development Team to improve the audio pipeline and procedures,
- Creating technical documentation and tutorials using CryWiki and CryEngine Forum.
- Performing duties as Audio Module Owner and oversee the audio component of a feature or area.
- Provides input to department and project status meetings, stand-ups and scrums.
- Share knowledge with the audio team.
- Successful completion of a certified audio education program or academic studies.
- 2+ years of audio experience in the gaming industry, actively designing and implementing game audio.
- At least one previously published title in a Junior role.
- Advanced knowledge of PC-based pro audio software, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, Reaper and VST PlugIns.
- Profound knowledge of audio middleware software such as Wwise, FMOD Studio or CRIWARE.
- Profound knowledge of CryEngine tools and production pipeline.
- Profound knowledge to accurately plan and estimate tasks while understanding dependencies.
- Solid ability to take direction well, seek advice and solve problems proactively.
- Ability to give feedback and guide Intern & Junior Audio Designers.
- Ability to document pipelines, tools and procedures, share knowledge and give presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive team attitude.
- Creative approach to audio design, game audio and game design.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
- Strong passion for playing and creating video games.
- Profound knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python, C# or C++
- Profound knowledge of competitor Game Engines such as Unity, Unreal or Lumberyard.
- Profound experience in other realms of Audio Production or Composition.
- Advanced skill playing an instrument.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.