Technical Artist (Rigging)
- Work closely with art and animation departments to create and maintain ‘Animator Friendly’ rigs
- Develop character, weapon, and vehicle workflows for upcoming projects in Maya, working in conjunction with the project leaders and the art/programming team.
- Solve technical production issues, especially those related to real-time characters and character performances.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
- Defines workflows and pipelines, simplifying where possible.
- Create and optimize content for memory and performance gains.
- Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
- Develops tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
- Provide technical insight to the Art and Animation departments, breaking down complex issues into discrete action items.
- Mentor and train others in areas of expertise. May need to guide other Artists to achieve desired workflows.
- 3+ years of professional production experience with realtime CG characters/Technical Animation.
- Good understanding of anatomy, volume and deformation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art or related fields.
- Solid scripting experience in Python.
- Experience in the games industry including AAA console titles.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of Maya for animation and rigging.
- Expert knowledge of Animation principles Kinematics and rigging math.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Organized approach to problem solving and time-management.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Facial Anatomy, FACS breakdown, Facial rigging experience.
- Multiple shipped AAA console titles.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.