Technical Artist - Pipeline/Tools
- Designs and develops improved content creation pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Provides documentation and mentors the content creation teams to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
- Creates sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate visual improvements
- Collaborates with the content creation teams and supports them with new tools
- Provides support to content creators for tools and pipelines owned by the department
- Keeps current with the technological developments and advancements throughout the game industry
- Maintain a clean common facility pipeline (tools, automation, practices) across multiple different projects.
- 3+ years of professional production experience with AAA game titles.
- A heavy problem solver driven by a desire to remove blockers for artists and to empower them to create exceptional quality at scale.
- The ability to evaluate existing workflows/pipeline, suggesting, presenting and implementing improvements
- Excellent Python skills and knowledge of PyMEL, PyQt/PySide
- Knowledge of key DCC application APIs: 3ds Max, Maya (Blender, Houdini a bonus)
- Experience with C++ is a huge bonus but not essential.
- Experience in writing hlsl/CgFX Shaders is also a huge bonus.
- Experience in Mari or Substance is a bonus.
- At least 1 Shipped AAA game as a Pipeline Technical Artist.
- Experience integrating Perforce into other tool is a plus
- Artistic background is a plus
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.