Senior Environment Concept Artist
- Work closely with the Game Director and our Concept Art Team to create industry leading environment concepts
- Creating a unique and consistent style for a complete games world
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Creating concepts for day to day production of in-game art assets
- Ability to communicate visual ideas across teams and departments
- Mentor junior concept artists.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Worked on and shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Strong focus on Environment designs and deep understanding of composition, lighting and architecture
- Ability to create concept drawings based on written or verbal notes from the responsible superior / director
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Excellent knowledge of 3D Software Packages and Photoshop
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.