Senior Environment Artist
- Work with lead artist and other artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of environment assets
- Understand and follow style guides to guarantee the consistency of the game
- Create believable and photorealistic environments within CryEngine
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team
- Provide and accept direction
- Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists and level designers
- Work together with our tech-art department to improve workflow
- Coordinate with other studio groups including level design and production to achieve project objectives
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- 5+ years experience in game development
- Last and/or current gen console experience
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong ability to create believable, realistic environments in a real-time engine
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max or Blender, Photoshop, Substance Designer / Painter and Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of common real-time game engines
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to manage and supervise mid-level and junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Positive, problem-solving and team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany
- Heavy focus on environment art
- Proficiency in high and low poly modeling
- Proficiency in texturing, following PBR rules
- Strong technical skills (modeling / baking / UVs / modularity / shaders)
- Strong artistic skills (shapes / colors / proportions / lighting)
- Keen eye for detail and realism
- Experience with CRYENGINE
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Traditional painting skills
- Experience with photogrammetry
- Outsourcing experience
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.