- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of environmental objects (trees, bushes, props, buildings, tilesets).
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains.
- Create believable environments within the engine.
- Create game-ready assets given the technical limitations.
- Derive a well structured lowpoly model from the high poly model.
- Photorealistic Texturing of environmental objects.
- Work independently on asset sets.
- 2+ years of professional game production experience.
- A strong ability to create believable environments within a games engine.
- Ability to derive a well structured lowpoly model from the high poly model.
- Strong understanding of efficient UV layout, PBR pipeline and modular level creation methods.
- Strong knowledge of 3dsmax, Photoshop and Zbrush / Mudbox.
- The ability to manage and supervise junior artists and willingness to carry out mentorship tasks.
- A strong understanding of shader functionality.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- A passion for games.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated and complete tasks within given time constraint.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with CryENGINE.
- Substance Designer, Substancer Painter or Quixel product knowledge.
- Experience with photogrammetry.
- Traditional painting skills.
- Outsourcing experience.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free German lessons
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- ...and much more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.Apply for this Position
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.