Crytek is looking for a Cinematic Designer to join our Creative Services team.
The Cinematic Designer is responsible for the development of non-interactive story based events for trailers and other promotional material. They are responsible for developing these scenes in conjunction with the teams’ animators, modelers and artists.
- 2+ years of professional experienc.
- 1 shipped AAA title on PC, Xbox360 or PS3(please name title(s)).
- Experienced understanding and ability to build high-quality cutscenes with a focus on cinematic techniques including: camera angles, scene layout and blocking, color and lighting design, and actor blocking.
- Experienced with in-game interactivity in regards to Level Design Layout and Gameplay.
- Passionate about making games, promotional material, and film.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Blocking and layout, and incorporation out of in-game and/or pre-rendered cutscenes, level locations and cutscene elements using the CryEngine Sandbox Editor.
- Work closely with Cinematic Lead and/or Director to assure a high degree of quality on all cutscenes.
- Assist in documentation of cinematic development processes and techniques.
- Coordinate with internal and external departments including art, animation, audio and production to achieve project objectives. Provides guidance and assistance where required, and is willing to accept guidance and assistance when required.
- Shows a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games, promotional material and films.
- Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Takes initiative and is willing to expand own horizon.
- Willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Remains focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Working knowledge of CryEngine Sandbox toolset.
- Strong communicator, able to easily present ideas and information to the team.
- Experience in using scripting tools including: AI, in-game interactive sequences, scenario design, etc.
- Ability to articulate a clear focused-vision to designer, artists and programmers.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and bring about innovative solutions.
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher and technology provider with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and seven other studios around the world. Established in 1999, Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface. All of Crytek's games are developed using CRYENGINE, the company's cutting-edge 3D game technology, which is also the first choice of other leading developers and licensees when creating games for PC, Xbox One, Playstation®4, Wii UTM, iOS and Android. Crytek's ongoing growth in the games-as-a-service market has extended the company's reach as they continue to deliver top quality interactive experiences to players through self-publishing platforms online.