Crytek is looking for an experienced Art Outsourcing Manager to join our Game Development Team in our Kiev studio.
As the Art Outsourcing Manager you understand the quality requirements of the project. You communicate well with external resources from the initial project setup up, through feedback rounds until the final delivery. Ideally you shipped already AAA-products as an artist yourself and developed a keen eye for quality, but you also understand the necessities of budget and performance constrains.
Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)
- Work closely with the Game Director and Project Management to understand the artistic vision and quality across required discipline.
- Manage communication and provide feedback to artists, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Prepare asset briefs that clearly communicate technical, artistic and game play needs.
- Collaborate with vendors to provide direction and feedback to ensure quality and technical delivery is met.
- Test vendor deliveries and integrate outsourced assets into the builds.
- Provide constructive and direct feedback in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to outsource vendors, answer CRYENGINE and pipeline questions.
- Create detailed documentation of asset generation/best practice
- 2+ years of professional experience in an Outsourcing Artist capacity.
- Ability to create high quality game ready assets within given technical limitations.
- Willingness to improve and accept direction and feedback.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Understanding of Milestones/production pipelines.
- Professional game production experience.
- Ability to create and follow production pipelines.
- Understanding dependencies and expectations from each discipline of outsourced work.
- Strong passion for computer generated art.
- Excellent time management.
- Understanding of Environment-, Character-, Vehicle- and Weapon-Art.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Working in our Studio in Kiev, Ukraine.
- High quality artwork from shipped titles - outsourced or other contribution.
- Competence in Zbrush, 3DSmax or Maya and Photoshop.
- Extensive games industry knowledge and experience.
- Understanding Animation, Concept and other discipline pipelines which may require outsourcing.
- CRYENGINE experience.
- Previous experience working with outsourcing.
- Experience with Perforce.
- What you can expect from us
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.