Tools Engineer - CRYENGINE
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Tools Engineer to support our CRYENGINE team at our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As Tools Engineer, you will be working in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment to develop the CRYENGINE Sandbox Editor. On our innovative and friendly team, you can expect your abilities and scope of duties to grow as you make a real difference.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples / private projects (github)*
- Contribute to a development of the CryEngine Sandbox Editor.
- Maintain one or multiple Sandbox sub-systems and integrations with the CryEngine.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of the editor code base.
- Contribute developer documentation based on on-going developments.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard company assets including source code, artwork, tools, game design information and technical know-how.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience developing user interfaces.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- At least basic knowledge of the Qt framework.
- Knowledge of MFC is a plus.
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Solid software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with any game Engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.