Engine Programmer (Systems) - HUNT
Crytek is looking for an experienced and passionate Engine Programmer to work on HUNT development team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
The ideal candidate will be a generalist programmer with a desire to work in multiple domains game technology development - working closely with the Department Leads to identify, plan, implement, debug, deploy and support specific technologies for the game platform. Areas covered include but are not limited to performance monitoring and optimization, pipeline/tools/delivery sytems, hardware abstractions, core-systems maintenance etc. The position involves working within cross-disciplinary groups. As a key member of the team you’ll be involved in crafting great AAA games with a great team using state-of-the-art technology.
- Maintain, improve and develop systems for our games.
- Work closely with the CRYENGINE department to assure the portability and compatibility of the systems.
- Contribute to product code-base in multiple domains.
- Optimization and debugging across multiple platforms (Console, PC...)
- Create accurate task duration estimates and complete all work in a timely basis.
- Remain focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through to completion.
- Create documentation where required.
- Develop well designed software, in cooperation with leads, within project schedule to team standards.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- At least 3 years of professional programming experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of C++.
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals (memory subsystems, CPU/GPU architecture etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Show a strong passion for making the highest quality / state of the art games
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Having worked with games or other real-time systems.
- Proficiency with multi-threading and parallel algorithms.
- Experience with game development tools and methods.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.