Systems Administrator - NetOps
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Systems Administrator to join our NetOps team, in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software.
- Manage the configuration and operation of Linux servers.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or stability concerns.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases and other processes.
- Review application logs.
- Deploy applications in close coordination with the DevTeam.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL).
- 3+ years of professional experience as System Administration, preferably within the games, entertainment industry.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with databases (MySQL, mongodb), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Knowledge of configuration automation systems like ansible.
- Experience with Virtualisation Technologies and CloudComputing (KVM, Openstack, Docker…).
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, Perl or other languages.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.