Software Engineer - Interactive Systems - CRYENGINE
Crytek is looking for an experienced Software Engineer, to support the CRYENGINE team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
As a Software Engineer within the Interactive Systems team you work primarily on those systems that are required to fill a static 3D world with life, interactivity and logic. Major systems include, for instance, the entity system for game objects, visual scripting, input system, movie system or the signal framework, but there are many others like the area management or vehicle system. This wide range of systems offers you the opportunity to work on low level optimizations as well as the high level concepts of CRYENGINE.
At Crytek we hire amazing people to make great things happen.
For over 15 years, we’ve been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. We continually invest in our team and tech as we push the boundaries of the digital visual arts on the latest platforms.
Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses - to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds and ultimately make awesome games.
Join us and we’ll invent the future together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Contribute to development of CRYENGINE interactive systems (e.g. gameplay, scripting, cinematics, UI).
- Implement and maintain new engine technology.
- Improve existing engine functionality.
- Contribute to maintenance and improvements of low-level engine systems.
- Ensure reliability and stability of interactive systems.
- Document technology implementation details.
- Provide support and training to internal and external developers.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with technical artists, game designers and software engineers on the requirements and design of interactive systems.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Good software engineering, debugging and profiling skills.
- Experience with any game engines, preferably CRYENGINE
- Eager to learn.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Knowledge of the Qt framework.
- Understanding principles of user experience.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Gameplay systems
- UI systems
- Cinematic systems
- Signal systems
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.