Senior UI Programmer - HUNT
Crytek is looking for a Senior UI Programmer to support our HUNT development team in our Frankfurt (Germany) studio.
As the Senior UI programmer, you will help develop the tools and interaction methods that are required for building user interfaces. Working closely with UX / UI Designers, you will play an important role in how the UI is built and how it will function. The ideal candidate has experience in different parts of game development.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link / github etc.)*
- Develop, test, maintain and optimize the UI systems to work efficiently with the supported consoles and platforms, using CRYENGINE and Flash.
- Meet the project’s schedule by breaking the long term goals into manageable tasks.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Display good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Write technical and software design documents.
- Work very closely with UI Artists, UX Designers, and other Engineers.
- 4+ years of professional experience as UI Programmer in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivialent work experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Strong knowledge of Flash and ActionScript.
- Comfortable working with Visual Studio and Adobe Flash CS6.
- Worked on a UI oriented project.
- Experience with writing custom controls, skins and other advanced UI features.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Working knowledge of Scaleform.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience in UX Design or development of UI systems.
- Worked in multi-team agile development (SCRUM).
- What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Working with cutting edge technology.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- Support with your first accommodation and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Apply for this Position
Please apply directly online and, if applicable, upload your materials as specified on the job posting. Fields marked with a * are required.
We are Crytek.
Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Crytek pushes the boundaries of the possible to make the impossible a reality. We want to create the most fun gaming experiences around, and if we have to blow up computer system requirements or push genre boundaries to do so, then we will. With almost two decades of experience in the games industry, Crytek takes its unique combination of experience and skills and continue to make an impact via innovative, fun, cutting-edge games and technology.